Get Empowered with a Childbirth Class You and Your Partner will Love
- Get mentored by your own Evidence Based Birth® Instructor!
- Learn about evidence-based care, comfort measures, and advocacy
- Get prepared, get answers, get empowered!
I have had the joy of teaching this curriculum to several couples, and I now gladly support Evidence Based Birth® Instructors offering this class!
Listen to what students of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class have had to say:
“This class is a total gamechanger for us. I’d heard negative stories…I was scared and very on edge. Then once we started taking the class, and when we learned about interventions that I was apprehensive about… It brought us together in that [my partner] understood birth more, and I understood it more. And as soon as I went into labor, we were on. We were a team.”
“I really appreciated how informative it was. I knew a lot about the biology of birth and babies, but what we learned was just very impressive. It was a really good experience—fairly chill, fairly laid-back, and not nearly as stressful and awkward as I thought it might be. All the information—I never would’ve thought there was that much information out there!”
Your Childbirth Class includes:
- Mentorship from an experienced EBB Instructor
- Two in-person classes to practice your labor skills
- Five weeks of online videos for you and your partner to watch together
- BONUS: Breastfeeding and newborn care videos
- BONUS: Four video chats with your Instructor!
- BONUS: Earn points throughout the class to redeem for prizes at the end!
Don’t pass up on this opportunity! Spots in each class are limited (6 couples per class), and class only runs twice a year. Do not wait to schedule.
- Your birth experience is too valuable for you to avoid educating yourself beforehand.
- Sadly, I’ve spoken with many parents who have major regrets about how they went into birth without preparation—and the health consequences they suffered as a result
- Take action, get educated, and find the answers and mentorship you need!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can’t I just educate myself online using search engines and videos?
A: A lot of that info you find online? It’s bad or inaccurate! The benefit of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class is that we curate all of the best, evidence-based information and get you and your partner engaged in the learning process.
Q: Shouldn’t I just let the doctors and nurses tell me what to do?
A: Routine practices in some hospitals are still about 15 to 20 years behind the research, and there is a lot of pressure to conform to traditions that might not be in your best interests. We will teach you and your partner how to be your own advocate—a skill you can for the rest of your life!
Q: My friends told me that taking a childbirth class is a waste of time.
A: There are a lot of poor-quality classes out there that have given childbirth education a bad reputation. The founder of Evidence Based Birth®, Rebecca Dekker, PhD, RN, APRN, knows how to make classes exciting for our generation. The end result is a class that is motivating and SO much fun to participate in. You will learn more than you could ever imagine!
Q: What will I actually learn in this class that could be of use to me?
A: Our students are most excited to learn about the entire toolkit of comfort measures for labor. We cover pain management techniques like massage, water immersion, upright birthing positions, acupressure, music therapy, and deep breathing, just to name a few. When labor starts, you and your partner will be ready!
Q: What if I know that I really, really need this class but I can't afford a ticket?
A: Contact your Instructor about scholarship options and payment plans. This info is too important to miss!
Evidence Based Birth® Instructors are independent contractors and distributors of the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class and are not employees of Evidence Based Birth®. You can find our terms and conditions for the class here