It can be intimidating having a birth in the hospital for the first time. Have birth horror stories got you worried about getting this baby out? Do you wonder if it's possible to feel less pain in labor? Would you like to fall more in love with your partner? All of this and more is possible by adding a birth doula to your support team.
Serving Kentucky families in and around
Lexington, Richmond, Stanford, and London.
“Seeing her come through the door with coffee in one hand and a birth ball in the other instantly calmed me down and settled my spirit. She was prepared. She was in for the long haul. Which made me feel prepared. She stuck with me throughout my natural labor, calmed me when I thought I couldn’t go on, supporting my decision to opt for an epidural. Turns out, there wasn’t time for one! Victoria stayed by my side, helping our doctor and nurses; working as a team. At post-natal visits our doctors kept bragging about her kind and calming nature. I can’t imagine working with anyone else to bring another life into this world. Victoria helped me bring our daughter into the world and welcomed her with a bright and sincere smile. I can’t recommend Victoria enough.” –Second Time Mama
Birth Doula Services $750
An increasing number of mothers choose to include doulas as part of their birthing team. It’s a smart move! Evidence says women who use doula support are “more likely to have spontaneous vaginal births and less likely to have any pain medication, epidurals, negative feelings about childbirth, vacuum or forceps-assisted births, and C-sections.” (To get more facts about doula care, visit EvidenceBasedBirth.com.)
Think of a doula as someone who is equal parts wedding planner, personal trainer, and soul sister for your birth.
Hiring me as your birth doula means you’ll get:
- 2 prenatal visits with you and your partner
- Assistance with writing your birth plan
- Access to an extensive local and online resource list
- Continuous phone/email support from date of hire through birth and two weeks postpartum
- Continuous support throughout your labor, through 1-2 hours postpartum
- Immediate postpartum care and assistance breastfeeding, if desired
- 1 postpartum visit with you, your partner, and new baby (!)
- Assurance knowing you and your growing family are in caring, knowledgeable hands
“My labor began, as many do, in the middle of the night and Victoria was there for us through every step of our 25 hour labor. She talked me through contractions at home and met us at the hosptial when we arrived. Her focus was not only on offering different exercises to help us manage each contraction but being a supportive shoulder to lean on when my labor took much longer than expected. She provided listening ears and unbiased support when the time came to make decsions regarding next steps once my labor stalled." - First Time Mama
Birth, Planned Well Session $30
Got nagging questions about your birth plan? Unsure of how to bring up a topic at your next OB appointment? Wondering if midwifery care is right for you? Mommy groups got your head spinning? Discuss your birth plan with an experienced doula, and benefit from feedback tailored especially to you and your birth!
This service option includes:
- 30 minute video chat with a certified doula (ask anything!)
- Detailed notes and birth plan template for you to use
- Expert resources and recommendations
- The peace of mind knowing that you have a clear path to the birth you desire.